As the growing concern over climate change and global warming increases, more businesses and corporations are looking for ways to work “greener.” The demand for sustainable, environmentally-friendly office space is on the rise, and so too is the need for eco-friendly office furniture. Smart uses of lighting, ventilation, energy, and design are important elements in creating an office that’s efficient, productive and eco-smart.
Save the Planet with Second Hand Office Furniture
Choosing eco-friendly office furniture doesn’t have to be difficult, nor does it have to be expensive. Outfitting your office with green features can actually help you save money, especially if you purchase second hand office furniture. Purchasing gently used office furniture is a great way to save money, and it helps reduce the amount of waste that ends up in our landfills. Our atWork office furniture showrooms offers a wide range of used office furniture including desks, chairs, filing systems, and conference tables.
Have some old office furniture of your own that you’d like to recycle? Then contact atWork today – we’ll make sure your old furniture finds a great new home.
Eco-friendly office furniture – what to look for
Designing an eco-friendly office requires a little research and a lot of planning. In order to help with your environmentally-friendly office furniture search, the design experts at atWork have gathered the following green furniture guidelines:
- Seek woods that have been obtained in an eco-friendly way. Try and purchase office furniture from companies that practice sustainable forestry.
- Look for chairs and accessories that are made from recycled materials.
- Avoid office furniture that is made from VOCs as these contribute to indoor air pollution.
- Try to incorporate modular office furniture into your design in order to increase the flexibility of your space and make it easier for your company to grow and evolve.
- Invest in ergonomic office furniture from the beginning. This will help you save money over the long run and will help keep your employees injury-free.
How to make your office greener today
Even small changes can have a big impact on the environment, so why not try and implement some simple environmental initiatives at your office right now? This could include banning takeaway coffee cups, using recycled stationary, and installing low-wattage lighting. If you have big, beautiful windows in your office, try rearranging the furniture in order to make the most of these light sources.
Want to learn more about eco-friendly office design and how you can create a greener workspace at your business? Then give us a call at atWork. Our knowledgeable sales staff will help you go green without making you spend a lot of green!